The Directives which have been circulated to the private entrepreneurs owners and manager, of the Coastal Beach Resorts for the construction operation and management since 2004 are aimed for the systematic sustainability, development and management of the Coastal Beach Areas in line with the Myanmar Hotels and Tourism Law, for the sustainability of the natural resources, for the preservation and conservation of the environment; for the creation for job opportunity and livelihood of the local people, for the leisure and recreation of the domestic and international tourists; and for the safety and serenity of tourists.
The guidelines for the development of costal areas are laid down as follows:
- To have a minimum distance of (5) meters from the point of the highest tide.
- Not to exceed 2-shorey building and not higher than the tallest tree (or) not higher than (10) meters above sea level.
- No other massive construction is allowed along the beach areas.
- Architecture and the construction materials need to be especially chosen for the beach areas.
- Allocation of car parking area with greenery.
- Avoid construction of high walls, fencing which may block the beach vies.
- No digging of beach sand.
- Land allowance of 5 meters for road construction within the hotel environs of every 500 meters for the accessibility of visitors to the beach areas.
- Apply for license to operate hotel and beach resorts in accordance with the Procedures and Orders relating to the Myanmar Tourism Law.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations issues by the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism regarding cultural norms, natural environment and environmental greening facilities, safety and security, child wise recreational activities, entertainment, emergency management, crisis communication etc.